Culture & Education
December 18, 2017
- The next JLPT (for levels N1 to N5) will be held on Sunday 1 July 2018.
- Applications for the July 2018 test will open in March 2018.
- JLPT study books are available to borrow free of charge from our office (Please bring photo ID).
- Examinees are allowed to take the test for one level only.
- The test fee is non-refundable and the test date cannot be deferred.
Application Form (for reference only)
2017 December Application Form
2017 December Test Guide
For those using this form, please note the following:
- The information you enter into the form cannot be saved. Please print out all 5 pages of the form when you have completed it, sign it by hand and either bring it to the consulate or send it by post.
- The information entered in the first page will automatically be entered into pages 2~5, so there is no need to fill out all pages.
- For questions 10-14 please refer to test guide.
- Please print all five pages on single-sided A4 sized paper.
- The Examinee Registration Number will be filled out by the consulate.
- Application forms can be picked up at the Consulate-General of Japan,or sent post if you supply an A4 stamped ($3.00) self-addressed envelope.
- Please submit the application forms with 2 passport photos attached and the test fee.
- Payment must be made by cash or cheque in NZ dollars only.
- We do not have Eftpos or credit card facility.
- Cheques should be payable to “Japanese Language Proficiency Test Administration Committee”.
- Examinees who want their test results sent overseas must pay an additional NZ$30 to cover overseas courier costs.
|Test Fees:||Level N1||$75|
|Test Time:||Level N3, N4, N5||9am -1pm|
|Level N1, Level N2||1pm-5pm|
|Test Site:||The University of Auckland|
Consulate-General of Japan
Level 15, AIG Building, 41 Shortland Street
P.O.Box 3959 , AUCKLAND 1140
Hours:9am-12pm, 1pm-5pm, Monday-Friday
*Please replace (AT) with @ in the listed E-mail due to spam protection.
Examinees taking the test in Wellington or Christchurch should contact:
|Wellington :||Japan Information & Cultural Centre,
P.O.Box 6340, Wellington Tel:04-472-7807
|Christchurch :||Consular Office of Japan,
P.O.Box 13 748, Armagh, Christchurch Tel:03-366-5680
Please contact these advisers and organisations for support.
National Advisor: Japanese
Ms Kyoko Mikami
International Languages Exchanges and Pathways (ILEP)
New Zealand Association of Japanese Language Teachers (NZAJLT)
Japanese Studies Aotearoa New Zealand (JSANZ)
|Japanese in Anime & Manga
The aim of the website is to give Japanese learners and anime/manga fans from all over the world an opportunity to learn Japanese in an enjoyable way, using the anime/manga they enjoy as a gateway to their studies.
|Erin's Challenge! I Can Speak Japanese
This website gives the opportunity to study Japanese through extensive videos and audio, as well as giving the opportunity to experience modern Japanese culture and scenes.
|JF Japanese E-Learning Minato
Minato is a Japanese language learning platform provided by the Japan Foundation. A place to learn and meet other like-minded people, expand your understanding and knowledge of Japan, Japanese people, and the Japanese language.
From this portal page, you can access websites providing various resources, learning support and purchase information.