Multiple-Entry Visa for Nationals of Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam
April 15, 2015
This Multiple Entry Visa is available to nationals of Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam for the purposes of tourism, visiting friends/relatives, business, attending a conference and/or other unpaid activities in Japan in cases where miultiple entries are essential. Paid or profit-making activities are prohibited on this visa. Each visit will be for a maximum of either fifteen or thirty days, up to the discretion of the Consulate-General.
Applicants must hold a valid long-term New Zealand visa (e.g. resident, work, student etc.) and must be residing in the top half of the North Island (Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty Regions and Ruapehu District of Manawatu-Wanganui Region ONLY) to be eligible to apply at the Consulate-General of Japan. If you live in Canterbury, please contact the Consular Office in Christchurch. If you live elsewhere in the country, please consult the website of the Embassy of Japan in Wellington for required documentation and information on how to apply as it may differ.
Please find below eligibility conditions and lists of the documentation required to support your visa application. For information on how to submit the application, please see our 'How To Apply' section.
Eligibility for Applicant
For nationals of Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam possessing an ordinary MRP (Machine Readable Passport) / e-passport in compliance with the ICAO standard, AND is one of the following:
TYPE A Individual who has travelled as a temporary visitor to Japan in the last three years and who has the ability to pay his/her travel expenses
TYPE B Individual who has travelled as a temporary visitor to Canada, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom or United States of America multiple times in the last three years
TYPE C Individual with sufficient financial capacity
TYPE D Spouse or children of the individuals who are mentioned (A-C) above
- Valid passport (if you have travelled to Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom or United States of America multiple times in the last three years, please also submit any previous passports documenting this travel)
- One passport size photograph, taken within the last six months
- One completed original visa application form ( sample)
- Monthly bank statements with transaction details for the last 3 months, with name and address clearly stated
- Letter from your employer stating the period of your employment and salary, or letter from your school stating the period of your enrolment and confirmation when you return to New Zealand
(if you are self-employed, a copy of your Company Registration Certificate and a document showing your yearly earnings is also acceptable)
- Letter of explanation stating the reasons the multiple visa is necessary
- In the case of a spouse or child with no independent income, proof of kinship (birth certificate, marriage certificate etc.) with the principal applicant will be required
- Visa fee (if applicable) –due when the visa has been issued
Type B applicants should submit documents 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 from the above list, plus a document proving current address in New Zealand.
- We may issue a single-entry visa after visa examination.
- Additional documentation may be required.
- No documents other than your passport will be returned.
- Temporary Visitor's Visas will take a minimum of five working days to be processed. There is no urgent visa service.
- Even with possession with a visa, final permission to enter Japan remains at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
- For further information, please see the FAQ section.