Culture & Education
Test date: Sunday 6 December 2020 (Subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
Venue: University of Auckland
Application period: Monday 14 September to Thursday 15 October 2020
Applications for the December 2020 JLPT are now closed. Applications for the July 2021 test will open in March 2021.
Applications (for reference only)
|Test Guidelines||Application Form|
|Guide (9MB)||Form (1MB)|
- Examinees are allowed to take one level only on the test day.
- When typing into the editable PDF, the information entered in the first page will automatically be entered into pages 2~5, so there is no need to fill out all pages.
- The information you enter into the form cannot be saved. After typing in your information, please print out all 5 pages of the form on single-sided A4 paper (2 identical passport-sized photos should be glued to the test vouchers). When you have completed it, sign it by hand and either bring it to the consulate or send it by post. Application forms will not be accepted by email.
- The test fee is non-refundable and the test date and site cannot be changed. However, if the test is cancelled due to COVID-19 or other reasons, the test fee will be refunded.
- For questions 7, 10-14 please refer to test guide.
- The Examinee Registration Number will be filled out by the consulate.
- Application forms can also be picked up at the Consulate-General of Japan, or sent by post if you supply an A4 stamped ($4) self-addressed envelope.
Examinees who wish to have their results sent overseas (i.e. outside of New Zealand) must pay an additional NZ$40 to cover overseas courier costs. The postage fee will be requested before sending the results.
- Bank Transfer
Applicants taking the test in Auckland may pay JLPT fees by bank transfer.
Auckland JLPT Account Number: 03-0104-0219656-00
Account name: Auckland Japanese Language Proficiency Test Administration Committee
Reference details: Please specify your name and Test Level (e.g. John Smith N1)
Note: The Auckland JLPT Administration Committee is not responsible for any banking fees incurred via the transfer of funds or any loss of examination fees.
Please make cheques payable to "Auckland Japanese Language Proficiency Test Administration Committee" and submit with your application. Cheques must be in NZ dollars only.
Payable at the counter of the Consulate General of Japan. There is no Eftpos or credit card facility. Please do not post cash with your application.
Please submit your application form to:
Consulate-General of Japan
Level 15, AIG Building, 41 Shortland Street
P.O.Box 3959 , AUCKLAND 1140
(Please replace (AT) with @ in the listed E-mail due to spam protection)
Hours:9am-12pm, 1pm-5pm, Monday-Friday
Examinees taking the test in Wellington or Christchurch should contact:
|Wellington :||Japan Information & Cultural Centre,
P.O.Box 6340, Wellington Tel:04-472-7807
|Christchurch :||Consular Office of Japan,
P.O.Box 13 748, Armagh, Christchurch Tel:03-366-5680
Study books available in our library
There are various study and mock test books available at out library for levels N1 to N5. You can borrow 2 books for 2 weeks at a time. Please bring a proof of ID to borrow these books.
Please contact these advisers and organisations for support.
Japanese Studies Aotearoa New Zealand (JSANZ)
|Japanese in Anime & Manga
The aim of the website is to give Japanese learners and anime/manga fans from all over the world an opportunity to learn Japanese in an enjoyable way, using the anime/manga they enjoy as a gateway to their studies.
|Erin's Challenge! I Can Speak Japanese
This website gives the opportunity to study Japanese through extensive videos and audio, as well as giving the opportunity to experience modern Japanese culture and scenes.
|JF Japanese E-Learning Minato
Minato is a Japanese language learning platform provided by the Japan Foundation. A place to learn and meet other like-minded people, expand your understanding and knowledge of Japan, Japanese people, and the Japanese language.
From this portal page, you can access websites providing various resources, learning support and purchase information.